Sunday, November 18, 2007

Camie's Birthday


Camie birthday started with yummy cinnamon rolls that I made the night before and then got up early to put them into the oven. It started her special day off great. She headed off to school and I met her for lunch and brought her McDonald's. Quite a big change from peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I then came to her class at the close of the day to read stories. Camie looked wonderful with her crown announcing to the world that it was her birthday and then the huge grin on her face. That night we had Becky and her kiddos over for supper and cake.



Did you notice the two layer cake in the video? Yah! Camie wanted one of those Barbie cakes, which take 1 1/2 cake mixes. Just as I had dumped the second cake mix into the bowl, Camie changed her mind and wanted just a circle cake. Round cakes are much easier to decorate, so I oped for that choice, but had too much batter, so she got a layered cake. Camie was pretty pleased, but disappointed that she only got a one-layer cake for her friend party.



Saturday we had a friend birthday party. We don't have one every year, so friend parties are pretty special. We decided we would have a "tea party" for the occasion. Camie invited friends from church, the neighborhood, and school. We had twelve girls show up! I was expecting around eight, but happy that I planned for twelve.



We started the party out by decorating straw hats. We then colored tea pots on "shrinky-dink" and made necklaces. We decorated goblets with gems and then had a tea party. No, we didn't serve tea, but had a great time eating brownie bites, mini muffins, cheese, crackers, grapes, pineapple, pb&j cut-out sandwiches, and sipping on kool-aide.



All the kiddos seemed to have a great time and Camie especially enjoyed the party. Many of the moms stayed and helped out so I got to know some of the moms from Camie's class. Planning and having children's parties are so much fun!

1 comment:

The Bells said...

Happy Birthday Camie!! It looks like you had a lot of fun and a lot of cake. I hope you had a great day with all of your friends. Once again, I miss you guys and wish we could have been there for your special day. I can't wait to see you guys in one month from today! It will be such a fun Christmas. We are going to PARTY!!! Love you tons!!!!
Angela