Monday, January 21, 2008

My Birthday

Last Friday was my birthday, over a week ago. Yes, I'm just now writing about it, but it us worth writing about. I live in a fantastic neighborhood and Ward with amazing people. Thursday night before my birthday, my friend Nichole, arranged to take me to the movies. She invited many of my friends and we went and saw PS, I Love You, the 10pm show. This didn't interfere with bedtimes so the husbands didn't mind. Nine of us ended up going to the late movie. It was a tear-jerker (and being pregnant didn't help)and a lot of fun to go out with the girls. We got home after midnight.
The next morning I was served breakfast-in-bed. My girls enjoyed helping Evan make pancakes and scrambled eggs with oranges and milk. Later that day my brother, Dan, showed up from out-of-town. He was only able to stay a short time, but I enjoyed seeing him. Nichole brought over some peanut-butter M&Ms, which I was actually able to eat. I had many happy birthday phone calls. Around 5, three of my other friends showed up with supper and a cake. Another friend dropped by banana bread and then Saturday night my sister-in-law, Becky, brought over supper and a gift card for a pedicure and movie. Friday night I called it quit right after dinner and went to bed. The kiddos stayed up and watched a movie with Evan while I snoozed away.
With as yucky as I have been feeling, I had a wonderful birthday. I live amongst the most wonderful people and I feel so blessed everyday to have such great friends and family. In the 33 birthdays that I have now had, this one will be remembered the most because of the kindness and generosity that was given in so many ways. Thanks for giving me such a great birthday!

1 comment:

The Bells said...

Sorry this is a little late, but, Happy Birthday Steph. I am so glad that you had a great day. It is great that you had so many friends that went out of their way to make sure you had a special day.
I hope you feel better soon. I know it can be hard to do much when you have no energy and just feel sick all day everyday.