
My dad and mom.
The trip started out, well kinda funny. On our way out of town to catch the cruise ship, we had to get gas. Evan wanted me to break some bills with a coke, but the clerk at the station wouldn't do it. Evan and I somehow miscommunicated (imagine that) and drove off without paying for our gas. After we were a few minutes down the road we had to turn around and pay for the theft of gas. I was so embarrassed to tell the clerk what I had done. I was hoping this wasn't a sign to our trip.
The reason for the trip was to celebrate my mom's 60th birthday. Everyday one of us decorated her bedroom door. We had cake served to her the night of her birthday and we all sang to her in the dining room. Bonnie got her a tiara and a lit-up 60th birthday pin for her shirt. I think she enjoyed her birthday and I think we should celebrate her next birthday the same way! 

I just thought this picture of my parents was so funny.
We made it to the cruise ship on time. All 15 of us. There was excitement in the air. We boarded to ship and immediately headed for the buffet. MMMMMM! At 6pm was dinner and I happily ate again. I brought Nathan with me because I am still nursing. With his food allergies, I really haven't started him on much baby food, so he nurses a lot. What this does for me is makes my appetite VERY big. Not just a little big. I can probably out-eat just about anyone. And, I think I probably out-ate everyone in my group. I still fit into all my clothes at the end, so I think it was okay.
On the ship we had fun. Everything revolved around food. We started out with breakfast, ice cream in the buffet, lunch, ice cream and plates piled with fries again in the buffet, dinner, and back to the buffet for more ice cream. We took some really great pictures of how high we could pile the plates of fries (that we devoured in 10 minutes time) and also pictures of how high we could get the ice cream in the bowl, and then devour all of that too.
My favorite breakfast meal was the bagel with smoke salmon and cream cheese. My favorite dinner was salmon. I tried the lamb and, well, yah, it is not anything I hope to ever try again. I had lobster for the first time and it was okay. The steak was great. I really like the cold fruit soups they had. But my all-time-favorite was the warm chocolate melting cake. I had it every night for desert and it is one I miss already. I am glad I don't have the recipe because I could not control my crave for that one.
My family doesn't really bask in the sun. I had melanoma on my back a few years ago and have also had cancer on my nose, so I really need to stay out of the sun. My family's skin is a lot like mine, so we all pretty much avoid the sun. And, we don't drink or gamble, so that was out as well. We spent a lot of our time, aside from eating, visiting. We had a great time together. I haven't spent time like that with my brothers and sisters since I lived at home. Being in the wide open ocean gave us undivided time to really visit with one another. I have some pretty great brothers and sisters who are married to some really great people. I really just enjoyed being with them.

I didn't go to a lot of the shows because I had to stay with Nathan. Plus, I didn't have the opportunity to nap like everyone else because of baby-in-tow, so I went to bed earlier then the others. I was glad I didn't leave Nathan behind, but I was limited. And for those of you who know Evan very well, he goes to bed pretty early. When Nathan wakes up he wants his momma and try hard as he can, Evan just doesn't cut it for him. Anyways, one of the nights I stayed up, I went to karaoke with the rest of my family. Evan stayed behind with Nathan (who screamed the whole time). I got up the nerve and sang God Blessed Texas to huge crowd. It is one thing to sing it to a crowd of people who you will never see again, but 12 of the people in the crowd were ones I will be spending eternity with! I got up on the stage and danced and sang my heart out! And, I had so much fun! I want to do it again. It was such a thrill! I'm sure I made an absolute fool of myself, but I sure had fun doing it.
Formal night was also fun. I loved getting dressed up. My neighbor gave me a tux that fit Nathan, so he was all decked out. I can't believe the attention Nathan caught the entire cruise. He REALLY caught attention being in the tux. And, the few days following as I was walking throughout the ship, I kept having people comment, "was that the baby wearing the tux?" It was fun.
As I write this, I want to go back! I want to get back together with family and just visit and laugh (okay, and eat). Of course the thought of leaving my children again would keep me from going anytime soon, so I'm glad I have good memories. One of my brothers was not able to go, last week was finals for him and his wife is due to have a baby in a few more weeks. Eric, regardless of how much fun we had, you were missed. We would have loved to see you karaoke and also match Charles in a mustard eating contest.
With a group as big as ours, someone was bound to be offended or mad at some time. And, Evan played his part. He didn't mean to offend, but you be the judge as to whether or not he should have said it. I really think men are from Mars and women are from Venus. Evan still doesn't see what he said was wrong. But, to my sister-in-law he said, "hey, have you been fake-baking?" She looked tan and beautiful. Her expression stated she was not at all happy with Evan's comment. But to my sister-in-law, I am sorry, we are still working on manners!
top: Dan, Michael, Rob
Dad, Bonnie, Mom, Stephenie
Dorias, and Charles
Charles (brother) and Bonnie (sister) . No, they are not a couple and were very adamant about letting everyone know. But, they were both there single (Bonnie's husband couldn't come), so we put them together.
Michael and Karen
fun pictures



I have so many more pictures, but this blog would never stop if I was to share even a small portion of them.
And a HUGE THANKS to my sister-in-law Becky (on Evan's side) who took all four of my children so I could go play. She is quite the woman taking my four along with her three for five full days. THANK YOU!








4 comments:
wow, what a trip! I'm glad you got to go. Nathan sure is a handsome little guy. The tux is adorable. I can see why you got so many compliments.
I'm going to have to side with Evan. I don't think his comment was a big deal at all. Maybe its something about being born a Black . . .
It must be something about having Black in you, because I don't see what the big deal is either. Maybe she should have just owned it, and thanked him for noticing.
It's funny how people can say something isn't that big of a deal it's just being a "Black" or being a "Bell" when it isn't being said to them. Anyway I thought it was just kind of tacky. I wasn't really upset I just was getting used to "Evanisms' again when he said it. You probably saw my shocked looked, most people don't talk to me that way. Don't worry about it! love ya Beth
Post a Comment