We are sick again. We have been sick more this month then in the last four years! The first week of May possible swine flu. The second week we were all throwing up. The third week I lost my voice completely. Now this week, we have colds. I even took Nathan to the ER Sunday because I thought he wasn't getting enough oxygen. He was, I'm just a little paranoid. This morning he woke up with his eyes completely glued shut and a huge booger mustache (sorry to be so graphic, but it was bad, never seen it that bad before) Today we went to the doctor and Nathan has eye drops, Danielle has antibiotics for an ear infection, both got cough medicine, and I wish I could take it all. As a nursing mother, drugs are prohibited. *sigh*.
And the culprit(I think):

Nathan likes to suck on everything. During swim team we play at the park and Nathan swings. And he tries to suck on the swing. After many attempts I finally give up. He has gotten sick first, and I can't think of anywhere else he would be catching stuff.
Sanitizers here we come. Would it look too funny if I sprayed the swing with Lysol?
I'm ready to have my family healthy again. I'm ready for something other then Kleenex and drip buckets. I want to have some fun! Good health, watch out!
3 comments:
I buy disinfectant wipes at the dollar store. They come in individual packets and I wipe down everything with them... shopping carts, swings, you name it!
Sorry you guys are feeling crappy. I hope everyone's on the up-and-up soon!
That sounds miserable!!! Props to you for handling so many snot nosed kids while feeling horrible yourself. Hopefully this trend won't go on much longer and you guys can enjoy the rest of summer. Good luck!
And I don't think wiping the swings down are weird. I would do it.
Hey,
I know how you feel. Our family has been sick off and on since April. It was crazy. When I took Sarah in last week she had an ear infection. I was feeling pretty lousy myself. Our pediatrician said I could take Mucinex D. I ended up taking Suddafed and Robitussin. It sure helped me. Good luck. Let me know if you need anything.
Post a Comment