Sunday, September 13, 2009

How do YOU eat an Oreo?

I eat an Oreo dipped in milk. I couldn't imagine eating one any other way, until one day I was forced. I was at Lake Powell, out on a ski boat, a package of Oreos and no milk. I was also hungry and it was going to be a while before I got back to the house boat where all the milk was. It was a hard decision. Hmmm. Do I waste the Oreos by eating them without milk, fill my belly full of bad calories for an okay treat, and curb my craving, or do I save the delicious desert for later and enjoy it with the milk? Evan likes to make fun of me. If there is a treat, or any kind of food for that matter, that is really, really, really good, then I really enjoy it. If it isn't so good, just okay, I will pass and save my calories for something that I can really enjoy. Evan, on the other hand, will eat anything. I don't think he really tastes it. Everything is good to him. So, when there is a treat that I really enjoy and he thinks it is okay, he shouldn't eat it and save it all for me because something else would satisfy him just as easily. Of course Evan just doesn't get it and thinks I'm crazy. At Lake Powell, I decided to indulge myself on the Oreos and eat them without milk. The first few bites were really sad. I needed them with milk. But then as I kept eating, I realized that they were quite good even without milk. I still prefer them with milk, but if none is handy, Oreos are still a good treat.

As to the title of this post. My cute baby was given an Oreo. Bad parent?maybe. I admit it. The little boy picks up the Oreo (no dipping allowed at this young age), turns it vertically, and tries to open his mouth as wide as it will go so he can take a bite. Huh?!? If he would turn the Oreo horizontal, a bite would be so easy! So he scrapes the Oreo with is teeth. It is hard to get a bite this way. And that is how he eats an Oreo. He eventually got frustrated because it was taking so long to eat and crumbled it to pieces. I tried it again a few weeks later and got the same result. He also does this with Ritz crackers and any round shaped food. Funny boy!

No comments: