Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Bad Words

The other day Danielle came running downstairs yelling, "Mom, Spencer used the "f" word!"

You can imagine how big my eyes were. I have never used that word and as far as I know it has never been used in my home or around my kids, let alone my 3-year-old. So after I realized I needed to breathe again, I decided to prod this a little and see what was up. So, I asked Danielle to quietly tell me what Spencer said.

"He said he would never be my 'friend' again and we aren't supposed to say that." she told me.

What a sign of relief. I love how innocent a child can be. If someone uses words like "stupid", or "dumb", or the worst of all, "shut up", my kids get the wide eyes and look at me like that person has said the most horrible and foulest words imaginable. When they hear the truly bad words they don't even notice because they don't realize they are even bad. So, way to go Danielle in letting me know Spencer's filthy mouth!

1 comment: