The morning of the 4th we headed over to the pool. It was fun having Evan come with us. And because he was there to help me with the children, I was able to get Danielle swimming. She was so excited! After two hours of swimming laps she still hadn't had enough and was so disappointed we had to leave.
The rest of the day was spent making cool treats and doing a few crafts. We made fruit pizza and put blueberries, strawberries, and pineapple on skewers. We grilled hamburgers and I took a wonderful nap.


I really like doing the flag craft with my children because it gives me a chance to explain things about the flag such as the symbolization of the red and why we have 50 stars. I also like to explain how the flag should never touch the ground and if a flag is hung outside it should be taken inside and never left out in the dark unless a light is shined on it. I think too often we forget to pass on things to our children simply because we forget. This craft serves as a reminder to me each year and the kids also have fun with it. 
I took this picture to show how we really fill up the van. Wow! I still can't believe I have 5 children.
We topped the evening off with a city fireworks show and some of our own sparklers. It was a fun day.
I like how Nathan just got into watching the firework show. Usually my babies scream and are scared. Not him.
Happy Independence Day! I am so thankful for our freedom and to those who gave so much so we could have that freedom. God Bless America.
3 comments:
I LOVE YOU!! Wow. What a great mommy you are. I don't know where you get the energy. I totally lack any creative drive - they just have to / get to workout with me. Wow.
Thanks for the finger nail polish tip. I went out and bought one and love it! My 4 year old Samantha -- loves having her nails done. And when Nikki was up we had Makayla, Brooklynn, Haleigh, and Jenni stay over and I we played "salon" -- Thanks!
You are one great mama!
Post a Comment