Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A Day at the Lake


Saturday Evan took the girls out to the lake to go water skiing with Troy and Becky. Their boys were out-of-town, so it was just Audrey. That meant a lot of time to themselves to ski, tube, swim, and do whatever they wanted without the older boys pestering them to do more "adventurous" things. I stayed home with my little boys. The girls spent the entire day out on the lake and didn't get home till well after 9pm. When they got home they had story after story of what they did and how much fun it was. Taneal was bragging about catching air on the tube. Danielle was miffed because she and Evan got on the tub together and as soon as they started to go, Evan jumped off leaving Danielle on the tube by herself. She was capable of doing it, just too scared. I thought it was funny that that was her highlight of the day. Camie didn't try the knee boarding but sure got courageous on the tube. She started kneeling on it with no hands. She thought that was pretty cool. And I was happy with Evan because he took pictures. I really wanted to go but thought it best if me, my pregnant belly, and the boys stayed home. I hate missing out on things like seeing my kids have the time of their lives, but life doesn't always allow that. So, I was glad Evan got a few shots. Thanks Troy and Becky for a fun day at the lake.

Can you tell Danielle is a little nervous in this picture? I liked her expression.






Taneal knee boarding. Way to go Taneal! I don't think I knee boarded until after I was an adult. So fun to see what kind of grown-up things she can do.




Audry and Taneal being goofy. They had so much fun.












Camie doing the "no hands" thing. That silly girl. Glad she had fun and got a little brave. She tends to be more cautious like me.
















Evan and Danielle. I'm suprised Danielle didn't do more on her own. She is a little daredevil at home.

No comments: