Sunday, September 12, 2010

No Clothes

Why does this little boy refuse to wear clothes? As soon as I get him dressed in the morning, he rips the clothes right off. It doesn't matter how many time I get him dressed, he is almost immediately naked again. He will keep his diaper on, thankfully. There is one exception to the no clothes, and that is his scooby Doo pajamas. He LOVES them. When I am folding laundry, and he sees the pajamas, he grabs them and in a very excited voice lets me know he wants them on right now.


I remember before I had children and I would go to someones house and they would come to the door and a little toddler would also come and wrap their arms around their mom's legs. And they would only be in a diaper! I remember thinking why couldn't that mom take 1 minute and get that toddler dressed? And if the child wouldn't keep the clothes on, well, give them a good spanking and let them know what was what. I was never going to let my kids run around in just their diaper.

Obviously I didn't have children when I thought those thoughts. Now that I am a parent, I really do like to have my children dressed. I do get them dressed every day. And I try to keep them dressed throughout the day. But spanking them? Absolutely not. I can't believe I used to think that was the solution to all children problems. Children always make you eat your words (and thoughts). At least that is the case with me. So I guess I should be grateful, once again, for children like Nathan who humble me and make me eat my words while he prances around the house in his little Tarzan diaper.

3 comments:

123 checkoutourfamily said...

I've done that so many times where I swore "I'm not going to do that..." but then turn around and do it. It's definitely an eye opener to be a parent.

At least he'll keep his diaper on, Brielle will rip them off and run around in the nude.

boandheidi said...

That is so cute - what a funny little guy! At our house it is Eli that refuses to wear clothes.

Julia said...

Your kids are always dressed and look darling and so put together. :)