
I think I have done my children a disservice. So random post here. But seriously. My kids cannot open ANYTHING! they can't open a bag of chips. Or a piece of candy. They can't open any kind of packaging without the use of scissors. It is so frustrating! Something a simple as opening a bite size snickers bar. I just found the top of a bag of chips cut off. Not torn open.
Each year when school supplies go on sale, I buy a bunch of scissors because I really hate being without scissors. It is all my mother's fault (I say that in a funny kind of way, we like to blame our parents for everything right?) We never had scissors around the house and the only pair we could find were my mom's sewing scissors and those we so OFF LIMITS. I didn't even sneak and use those. I would use fingernail clippers to open those hard to open things. And of course now I realize that that ruins finger nail clippers. I bet my mom was so frustrated with the eight of us using other things to open things. But I always thought that if she just had a few cheap pair of scissors around the house we wouldn't have to use other things to open stuff. So now that I am an adult, I have a few cheap pair of scissors around the house and it has not turned into a luxury. It back-fired on me and has become a curse to my poor children. Maybe I should just get them a box for Christmas so they can turn out as good as I did. It worked for my parents. Okay, that was really random there.
Bottom line, my kids need to learn how to open things without scissors. The use of teeth is prohibited, too. I can use my teeth because I am an adult and know where the boundary of teeth opening and teeth breaking is. I won't buy more scissors this next school year because we are going to learn to be a scissor-free opening family!
There. Just needed to vent a little.
No comments:
Post a Comment