I said 8. Evan said never. We compromised on 12.
Taneal turned 12 this year. Two days before her birthday, I called Evan and asked if I could go ahead early and surprise taneal and get her ears pierced. He agreed, so I found a sitter, took taneal to the mall. As we pulled into the parking lot, I told taneal what we were doing.
Taneal has wanted her ears pierced for as long as I can remember. When she was 8 she begged and begged and finally Evan told her if she asked even one more time she would never get her ears pierced. So she quit asking and started wearing those magnetic earrings.
So guess Taneals reaction when we pulled into the mall parking lot and I let her in on what we were doing?
She bawled. She didnt just shed a few little tears. She cried and cried for a good 30 minutes.
What?!?!
This goes to show Taneals personality. She said she wasn't 12 yet so she couldn't get the pierced yet. You dont break the rules, even a little. And , I kind of sprung something huge on her without warning. Thats a big no no also. Taneal has never done well with surprises. She likes to plan and prepare.
So we left the mall, tears streaming, no ear piercing.
I had looked forward to this day for years. And then she cried and refused to do it. And I certainly wasn't going to force her. Didn't even want to try to talk her into it. You know, it needs to be her choice.
And then her birthday rolled around 2 days later and Taneal was ready. She announced that morning that when I brought her lunch to school, we could just go ahead and leave and get her ears pierced. She wanted to make her 12th bday memorable.
I warned her that if I picked her up from school and checked her out early that once we left the school there was no changing her mind.
And she did it. No hesitation at all. And doesn't she look gorgeous?

2 comments:
I had to wait until I was 12 to get mine pierced. It's a ggod age :)
Such a cute girl! We are very excited to have her in YW!
Post a Comment