Happy April Fool's Day! We celebrated it again this year, although it wasn't such a shocker this year. The kids weren't surprised and ate EVERYTHING with hesitation. Imagine that.We started the morning with a breakfast of eggs (yogurt with a peach half.) Lunch was the usual cinnamon rolls for conference weekend, only they weren't cinnamon. they had sausage and cheese in them topped with country gravy to look like frosting. They were super tasty. However, Spencer and Nathan wouldn't even try them. I went back for 3rds! I think I may keep that recipe and try it for a normal breakfast.
For supper we had ice cream sundaes with caramel sauce and a cherry on top. We also had Kool-Aide and cupcakes with blue frosting. And carrots. But really what was for supper disguised as these tasty treats was mashed potatoes and grave with a cherry tomato, shepherds pie with tinted mashed potatoes, and jello for the drink that was seriously undrinkable.Can you tell the kids were excited? They really were and had a lot of fun. Well, not Spencer. He kept asking why I was making the food look different. He didn't understand. It kind of made me chuckle. Maybe I will have to take a break from it next year so I can have the surprise factor.












3 comments:
You are amazing and full of all kinds of fun and great ideas!
Very clever. I forgot again. You'll have to remind me next year so I can fake out my kiddies.
Those "cinnamon rolls" sound (and look) really good. You should post the recipe!
You are such a fun mom, Steph.
Post a Comment