I am trying out that Bountiful Basket thing.
I am trying.
Basically what it is is you place an order on Monday and it comes to a location in your area on Saturday. You get a basket with all kinds of fruits and vegetables. about $25 worth.
You don't know what you are going to get.
You have to figure out how to use what you get.
And eat the stuff.
I was so not raised eating a variety of vegetables. We had canned corn and canned green beans. I think that was it.I have had a lot of learning to do as an adult. To teach myself to like vegetables. And I am still not there. But I eat them and try not to let my children know this is a hard thing for me to do. I don't think they know because they all eat their vegetables really well.
So I ordered my Bountiful Basket and added some asparagus to the order. I added 14 pounds to my order. I can eat asparagus, but only in moderation. It is okay maybe once a week at the most. I had more asparagus than I knew what to do with and it was overwhelming.
I googled what to do and thought I would try a recipe for asparagus soup. I seasoned it all nice. Blended it in my really cool blender that warms it.
And this was the result.
We had weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth around my house. And it wasn't from me. I can put my taste buds aside for a little and make myself eat things that just don't seem right. Taneal actually liked it. She was the only one. Spencer actually threw up eating it. He does that regularly, he has super sensitive gag reflexes. Poor kid.
It really was quite good for asparagus.
No comments:
Post a Comment