I saw the coolest idea and tweaked it a little and now I'm putting that idea to work. The next year's theme in Primary is "I know the scriptures are true". So my little primary is going to become "bookworms" and dive into the scriptures.
I found this poem that says, "Reading scriptures is lots of fun
'Specially when your chewing gum.
So read the scriptures while you chew
And when the flavor's gone, you're through!"
I made these bookworms and at the Primary activity the Primary children will be stuffing their worms with 50 gumballs. Amazon just delivered 18 pounds of gumballs to my doorstep.
I only have one bookworm completed, 80 cut out, 30 sewed. I have a lot of work to do. Thankfully I have great ladies that I work with in the Primary that are going to help complete this activity. I am looking forward to presenting these cute little bookworms to the children and see if they work. We will also have monthly scripture logs that the children can complete to get an apple full of worms, paper shaped apple with a bag of gummy worms in it. So excited about this year's theme!
4 comments:
Those are some seriously cute ideas! Love them! Have fun with all that sewing!:)
That is the cutest EVER!!!!! You are so awesome!
What a clever girl you are... and how fun for Families!!! I can help sew if you need..... you are AMAZING!!!!!
so cute! Brayden LOVES gum so I can see how excited he'll be about reading the scriptures.
Post a Comment