Friday, December 28, 2012

Painting my Home

I have wanted to paint my home since about the time we moved in 6 years ago. We have white, flat paint walls and 6 children. Need I say more? Flat paint does not wipe clean. As much as I try to keep the walls clean, I have 7 people working against me. 

Evan likes white walls. He didn't see anything wrong with the white walls. And Evan gets what he wants. Once I tried to paint one of the walls in the playroom. As soon as he saw it, he painted over it within days back to a boring, white color. He says it is green, but it looked white to me. 

I'm not sure what convinced Evan to allow a change to the white walls. Probably Taneal. She has been begging for years relentlessly. Evan finally gave in.

The day I got the go, I started painting. It was beautiful, fun, but best of all, it felt clean.  Here is a process of the painting.
 

And here is the finished product of 1 wall. See what I get when I don't pay attention to my children? Nathan played on the computer and Gavin lost his clothes. And I painted.


After I got all I could paint of the downstairs, I pretty much begged Evan to please help me paint the entry way. He brought home the scaffolding and climbed up and painted. It took him 2 days, but it is done. The way high up stuff that I was too scared to climb and paint is done. I have a lot more to do, but I can easily reach it with a ladder. 


This is a picture from the 2nd floor looking downstairs in the entry way. Super high ceiling. I am glad that Evan was willing to climb and paint because I seriously could not get myself to do it. I think I am afraid of heights because I literally start to shake.


I still have scaffolding up in my entry way and on my front porch and I still have days worth of painting to do. But I can do it. And I am so excited to get rid of the flat paint, the drawings, and fingerprints all over my walls!. And if the drawings and fingerprints come back, it will wipe clean!

No comments: