This morning was one of those mornings.
6:00am the baby wakes up.
6:30 wake all the kiddos up for school.
7:00 shower (if it doesn't happen now, it doesn't till noon)
7:30 miss the bus.
7:50 load the kids into the car because we missed the bus.
8:00 McDonald's Dr. Pepper helping to get my eye lids open.
8:20 home and time to feed the baby.
8:55 start the dishwasher full of breakfast dishes.
9:00 Primary Presidency Meeting at my home.
10:45 rushing everyone out the door so I can leave for my visiting teaching appointment.
10:49 slapping peanut butter and honey between two slices of bread for lunch for the kids.
10:49 slapping peanut butter and honey between two slices of bread for lunch for the kids.
11am Visiting Teaching appointment
12:30 PTO meeting to do my PTO treasury job
1:30 still haven't eaten. I am starving. Peanut Butter and Honey Sandwich will have to do.
2:00 Home and Spencer announces to me that he ought to go get dressed for the day.
WHAT??????????????
He was in jeans and a t-shirt. I asked him what he meant and he pointed to "himself" and said, "I still have my night-time pull-up on." Oh my goodness! I thought he was dressed for the day, but no. He never got dressed in his pj's last night. I was at a Relief Society Meeting and was not home to tuck the kids in their bed. Spencer somehow managed to get the night-time diaper on and redressed himself in clothes rather than pj's last night. And so when I saw him this morning I thought he was already dressed for the day.
How embarrassing is that? That poor little guy. He had to wear his stinky pull-up all day because I was too busy. Maybe it didn't bother him. Probably did. He's too sweet to say anything about it until he knew he had the opportunity to change.
I guess it could be worse. My brother tells the story of getting up one morning, going to kindergarten and realizing in the bathroom at school that he forgot to take his nite-time diaper off. At least we aren't in kindergarten yet. YET!
Oh, and check out his black eye. The other morning after the kids did manage to catch the bus, Spencer came running back in to finish his breakfast and tripped over his feet (had to of been his feet rather than the toys spread all over the place) and landed his nose smack into the bench. Yah, that makes a lot of blood. Freaked Spencer out. Freaked me out. It didn't bleed for too long. The next morning his eyes were slightly swollen. Today he has black eyes. Poor guy.
Walking around in a wet night-time diaper with black eyes and peanut butter smeared on his face. Man, I love that boy!


No comments:
Post a Comment