Sunday, November 4, 2012

Danielle has Foot Surgery

Last year Danielle had a spot on her foot that bothered her. I took her to the Pediatrician who referred me to the Podiatrist who said it looked like a planter's wart.

We tried 3 different methods to get rid of it and none of them worked. He referred me to a dermatologist and I didn't follow through on that one.

Well, a year later the spot is still there and has grown a little and still hurts. I decided to take her back to the Podiatrist. He said it was not a planter's wart because it didn't look like it or act like it, it would have grown 3 times it size and spread if it was. He said foot cancer was rare, but he had no idea what this was and we needed to get it out. And get clean margins.

So, Friday Danielle went in for surgery and had that unknown removed.

She will be on crutches for 3 weeks and have to wear a special shoe for 5 weeks. After that she should be good to go. He recommended keeping her home from school for the first week.

Danielle handled the surgery very well. She had to be under general anesthesia. She woke up from it really well, was a little groggy for a while, but has been back to the normal Danielle within hours of waking up. That girl has such a hard time sitting still. After one day on the couch taking Tylenol Codeine (which should have made her sleepy but didn't) and watching movies, Danielle was complaining that she was just bored. It is so boring just watching movies and not doing anything else. I feel her pain, I have a hard time sitting still and doing nothing, too.

 

No comments: