Friday, November 30, 2012

Thankful #30 Sleep

If you ask my children what my favorite thing to do is, they'd tell you it was to sleep. They are oh, so wrong. And I don't even know why they think I like to sleep. I tuck them in to bed every night and then I go to sleep after an hour or so of accounting work. Then I wake my children up in the morning to get them out the door for school. I don't nap either. On a rare occasion, maybe once every other month, I will take a Sunday afternoon nap. But that just started after Gavin got a little older.

I really don't sleep that much, so I don't know why they think that is my favorite thing to do.

Sleep makes a big difference for me. Sleep changes everything. It is like a natural Prozak for me. Life can be downright aweful and if I am tired, my whole perspective changes if I can get a good night's rest.

And my heart doesn't give me as many problems when I am rested.

With as great of results as sleep makes for me, I really should get more.

But it feels like such as waste of time to sleep. Like right now. I should be sleeping, but instead I am typing away about sleeping and am going to pay the consequences in the morning.

I wish I didn't need sleep. I could accomplish so much more.


No comments: