Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Thankful #13 Innocence

Seriously, I can't stop laughing. Sometimes my children do things out of innocence that make me laugh so hard. Maybe it is my immaturity, but I really am thankful for the laughter they give me.

Last night Taneal was in my bedroom working on a science project. She had to make a book with all the different systems in it, like the human circulatory system, the reproductive system, the digestive system, etc. She had to draw pictures, write definitions, and explain the process.

She had all the systems done except the reproductive systems, male and female. She was asking me all kinds of questions so that she could write it in this book she was making. I was doing all kinds of explaining, most of which was making her uncomfortable but she was trying to act like she was not bothered in the least.

She was busy writing and I was trying to close my eyes to get some sleep when all of a sudden, Taneal exclaims, "What the heck is a pennis (rhymes with tennis)?"

I wasn't sure what she meant because we had only been going over the female reproductive system and weren't yet onto males. I asked her if she meant "pelvis" She said no, "pennis (rhymes with tennis). And then she reads me the definition, something to the effect of it is how urine and semen travel through to get out of the male's body.

I said oh, you mean "penis".  Taneal goes red in the face and exclaims, "No! That is not how this word is spelled! That word is spelled entirely differently!" And she even spelled how she thought that word was spelled.

I explained to her that she had the pronunciation wrong. Then I asked her if she had ever mispronounced that word to anyone other than me.

"Yes, at school today." she quietly said.

"And to whom?" I asked her.

She responded, "To my whole group! And the girls just shrugged their shoulders!"

I then asked her if there were any boys in her group.

She nodded.

I asked her if his face went red when she asked what the heck that was.

Taneal put her face in her hands in utter embarrassment and said the boy's face did go red!

Camie comes walking in the room. So much for sleep. Taneal has me rolling on the floor in laughter and of course Camie wants to know what is going on. So I asked Taneal to write the word on a piece of paper and see how Camie read it.

So Taneal wrote it down and showed Camie, her 10 year-old sister.

And Camie's reaction? "YOU ARE DISGUSTING!!!!!!"

Poor Taneal.

1 comment:

Gerb said...

I just about peed my pants. Poor Taneal!! But that is HILARIOUS!