
It is so funny to hear Spencer explain to Nathan how to poop in the toilet. Nathan has had his moments of success, he just really doesn't care to make it permanent. I try to talk to Nathan to convince him, and he mater-of-factly admits to still being a baby and that he wants to wear diapers.
I'm not trying to indulge in potty talk (okay, maybe I am), so if you aren't comfortable with the topic of poop, please discontinue reading. I begin the potty-training process by talking to my children about how they are grown-up once they can poop in the potty. It has worked on the four children I have potty-trained so far and so I am using the method on Nathan as well. Nathan is taking his own sweet time. ALL my other children were potty trained by this age. I am changing two sets of diapers right now and would really like to change less. I know my children view it as a privilege for me to be able to change them, but I don't share the same view.
As I was changing Nathan's stinky diaper today, he was giving me quite the tongue lashing because I accidentally squished it on his bum. He told me, "Mom, don't get that poop in my bum!" I told him if he didn't want that poop on his bum then he could poop in the toilet and problem solved. (Maybe I should start doing it just to help move the potty-training along)That's when my four-year-old Spencer jumped in to help:
"Nathan, you have to hold the poop in your bum really hard and run as fast as you can and then get on the toilet. Then you push really hard and the poop comes out. It's really easy and then you don't get any poop on your bum. You should try it!"
Hearing Spencer explain the whole "pooping process" made me laugh so hard that I thought I would indulge in a little potty talk and share it with you.
2 comments:
That is hilarious. How old were your girls when you first started training them?
Awesome potty story! Fun to catch up...totally jealous of your kindle! Enjoy!
Post a Comment