Monday, February 28, 2011

Technology


I just entered into George Jetson time!
I remember watching the Jetson cartoons growing up and thinking how cool they were will all their technology. I can even sing you their theme songs as we speak! I vividly remember thinking how cool it was that when they talked on the phone, they could see each other. I heard that this could be done back when I was in college, and I thought it was soooo cool, but something that was still unrealistic to the average Joe.
And then I got an iPhone. I LOVE my new phone. I didn't need one. But as my dad explained it, I also don't need a washer and dryer and I still have one. I am having so much fun with all the little tools and apps and I am convinced I will be much more organized and never miss another appointment again. EVER. And to the gals that I visit teach, I'm sure you will be grateful not to be stood up again. (Okay, I only did that once and I felt horrible!)
Tonight my sister called me. And I could see her while she talked and she could see me while we talked. It was so cool. Her hair was nicely done and she had make-up on and was in her tidied up home. The scene on my end was quite different. I stayed home from church with a very sick baby that practically cried all day for the last four days. I didn't have make-up on let alone the proper clothing. He isn't eating well so I am fighting mastitis (ouch!). And I hadn't cleaned up after supper because I had a sick baby that wanted to be held. (And I am stretched thin and really figured the dishes could wait) Oh, and the mountain of laundry was folded, just not put away. Not to mention I hadn't cleaned up after 8 bodies running around this home. And Bonnie got to see it all.
George Jetson style! It really was cool. I just hope Bonnie was more enthralled with our conversation than the scenery!

No comments: