Taneal really wanted a birthday party. I am still trying to adjust to the 6 kids thing and didn't really feel like I had the sanity to throw a party with friends that needed entertainment. I told Taneal I would assist her with a party, but she needed to be the one running the show. Taneal decided she wanted to make hair bows at the party. I asked Bonnie (my sister) to come help. Because of the project, Taneal had to limit how many she could invite, which was so hard for her. She has so many friends and came up with a list of about 15 girls. I told her there was no way we could possibly invite that many girls and do this kind of craft. I told her she needed to limit it to 6 girls, not including her cousin and sister. She invited 7. Way to push the limits there.
It was a super fun party. I made her the coolest cake that actually turned out! Usually my cakes don't turn out and I am so embarrassed when anyone who knows anything about cakes sees them. The kids are always happy with the results, so I don't give up. But this cake I was quite pleased with and surprised that I made it! And, it was one of the easiest cakes I have made. The castle cakes are much harder. Taneal designed it and I figured out how to make it. She insisted the cake was three layers, one chocolate, one vanilla, and one strawberry. It looked so pretty!
The hair bows were a success. The girls had to sort of sew them and they did really well. In fact, they enjoyed it so much that we started the movie late and only was able to watch maybe half of it.
Taneal had a blast and that is what matters. Happy birthday to my sweet girl!
5 comments:
that cake is amazing! way to go!
What a beautiful cake! I love the hair bow idea too. You are so creative!
maddie had sooo much fun and i LOVE the bow. need to get instructions from you on how to make them since my girly is always in a pony tail! the cake was amazing and so.are.you!!!
Awesome cake and awesome party. And, you have one awesome daughter. She came up to me a few weeks ago and told me that she was available to watch my kids after I have the baby and if I needed a nap. What a sweetheart!
Holy awesome cake Stephenie!
Post a Comment