But in here it's really frightful.
And there is not place we ought to go,
So let it flow,
Let it flow,
Let it flow.
A few years ago we had a similar throwing up bug. It hit us all at once. I remember laying in bed with blankets laid out all over my bedroom floor and children sprawled all over and just wondering how we were going to survive. This time it was a few days before Christmas.
And then Evan started singing the above song.
I was thankful for that moment and how the humor just lifted the mood and made things almost comical. Almost.
Which is exactly what we need now.
A little humor.
Camie started in on the vomiting and then bawled. She said she had just gotten over pneumonia last week and missed 4 days of school and now here she was throwing up and missing even more school. I hugged on her, sweet talked to her, hugged her some more and still she just bawled.
And then I started singing. Camie got quiet for a minute and then suddenly shouted, "I just want to throw this pillow at your face! I can't stand it when you sing that song!"
I ignored her comment mostly, I did stop singing. But I did something else that was a little funny, and suddenly Camie burst into laughter.
Laughter is the cure for pretty much everything.
So glad to see the humor in our situation. Because I have the right to bawl, just like Camie, because our situation is pretty bad. But we will get better. Just hopefully soon.
And thanks so much to Tisha for the Chicken Noodle Soup. We had it for supper tonight. And the Popsicles from Wendy were a pretty big hit,too!
Yah, we're loved!
No comments:
Post a Comment