Friday, November 4, 2011

Grateful #4 Ideas and Creativity

My grateful simple today happening is ideas and creativity.

And that probably was the worst run-on sentence without a clear verb or noun anywhere to be found. And I have a feeling that this post is going to be full of run-on or incomplete sentences. It's how I do things. Take what is out there, tweak it, and make it my own.

I am thankful for all the really cool  ideas out there. I am not a creative person. I have no original ideas. If you think I am creative, you can be sure I did not come up with the idea on my own. I am good at copying. I am good at replicating. And I can "tweak" things to fit what I need them to be. But I have no originality. And I am so okay with that. Because what I do works for me. And I have fun with it. And my children enjoy it. And it adds spice to my life.

The picture I am going to share today is something I created. I can't remember where I got the idea, probably off YOUR blog. But YOU didn't have the huge tree made from wrapping paper or the specially die cut leaves with five colors times 25 days, like mine does. And you also probably don't have the super awesome sister who cut out all those leaves for me and then stuck them in the mail and got them to me on day 4 of this Thankful month. And that is how creative I am. I saw or read the idea somewhere, sometime ago and then made it work for me. That's how I pretty much do everything. Minus making my sister work for me. I don't usually do that.



This is our thankful tree that the five of my children who can talk can each get their own color and everyday add one leaf to the tree that they have written on what they are thankful for. It is only day 4 and already the tree is taking shape.

I'm pretty excited.


No comments: