This is a post that I am trying to recreate. And I just can't seem to get it. I have this really cool phone with a really cool app on it that allows me to blog wherever I am. So I blogged and don't quite know where that blog post went. Somewhere to oblivion. Tried another post the following night and same thing. And you know how hard it is for me to recreate blog post? And especially in the month of November where I am writing about thankfuls for that particular day? I am going to try to redo this, but please be patient with me if my post is very dull and unemotional. I am trying.
Monday, the 7th, we were reading scriptures as a family, and we read 2 Nephi 31:20. One of my children read it in their sleepy, monotonous voice, but fireworks went off in my brain as they read this verse. I made them stop, reread the verse, and then we briefly discussed it.
I have read this same scriptures I don't know how many times. A whole lot of times. And yah, I remember having read it before, but I kept reading and didn't think much about it.
That is what I love about the scriptures. They are written for us today. What was meaningful and profound to me last week or last year may not be what touches me this week. The other many times I read that particular verse in 2 Nephi, wasn't what I have needed to hear in the past. But today it was. It carried me, uplifted me, and was exactly what I needed TODAY.
I know the scriptures are true. They were written by inspired men. Prophets of God. And they are the word of God. They strengthen, redeem, and nourish my soul. No wonder we are commanded to "feast upon the words of Christ". As we do we will be blessed, instructed, and know how to be happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment