This year I sent 5 kids to school. And they all needed new shoes. I think towards the end of the school year I told them to make due with the old, worn-out shoes they had, school was coming to an end. And then this summer, we played and flip flops were sufficient.
So shoes I bought. I think this year it stood out more because of all the colors. Shoes have become so colorful this year. It was fun for the kids to pick out what they liked, get the colors that were fun.
Gavin was so upset the morning of school that he didn't have new shoes. He insisted on being in the picture, but very upset that he was left out.
Nathan got the grey and green shoes so he could run fast in the grass; Spencer got the black and red ones, almost identical to the shoes he had last year. Why change up a good thing?; Danielle got pink, sparkly Sperrys. It killed me to spend more than a few $$ on her shoes because she wears them out in weeks. But the cheep ones didn't fit. Darn my narrow foot gene that I passed on to them; Camie got the blue with pink shoe laces - probably my favorite of all the shoes; And Taneal wanted her green/blue ones with the BRIGHT yellow laces because they were so bright and cool looking.
I loved seeing their personalities come out through their shoes.
No comments:
Post a Comment